I ate very simply today and exercised and I feel good for it.
Breakfast was a repeat of Monday’s yummy buckwheat groats with cashew nut milk, cinnamon and a fresh orange. This tastes delicious and keeps me feeling full and sated for hours. The buckwheat, which I soak overnight in water and then rinse, is cooked gently with the milk and cinnamon. When the milk is nearly simmering, I add the orange so that warms up slightly and serve it all up. Really tasty and nourishing. Rather hygge too as it seems comforting.I planned a substantial breakfast because the plan today was to do a very long walk in the Hastings Country Park but the forecast was rain so we didn’t go. Then it didn’t rain which was very disappointing as it meant we could have done the walk. Instead I did a lot of tidying and clutter clearing which was very satisfying but I would have preferred to walk.
- I steamed half a small cauliflower and a corn cob.
- When they were cooked (5 minutes) I set them aside and saved the water.
- I “fried” a small red onion and a large portobello mushroom in a small amount of the water left over from steaming the corn and cauliflower.
- Then I added some brown Basmati rice (previously cooked) and a good slug of soy sauce for seasoning.
- When it was warmed through, I stirred in the cauliflower and corn and placed it all in a large bowl and topped it with alfalfa sprouts.
It was simple and satisfying and tasted salty (from the soy sauce) and sweet (from the corn). It hit the spot perfectly.This afternoon Lucy and I gave up on our planned walk and went to the gym instead where we swam (I swam 50 lengths/1 km) and then relaxed in a sauna and then the outside jacuzzi.
I went straight from swimming to yoga which I really enjoyed. I walked there and back so am nearly up to 9,000 steps. I know it’s not 10,000 but its close and I did swim and go to yoga so I have definitely exercised today.
I got home from yoga at about 7:30 and fancied a simple and low syn meal. This was very light, took about 5 minutes to throw together, tasted fresh and looked vibrant and I enjoyed every mouthful.15 cashew nuts (HE B) which I munched while I chopped up 1 pink grapefruit, 1 orange and half an avocado.Did I manage to keep under the 15 syns today? Oh yes I did. I only had 7 today so half my allowance.
|Cashew nut milk||HE A|
|Brown Basmati rice||Free|
|15 cashew nuts||HE B|