Nearly everything I ate today was raw and it was all healthy. I was very pleased with myself.
I used ‘Raw Living’ by Kate Wood for inspiration and the first recipe I wanted to try was one she calls Breakfast Pudding. I adapted the recipe slightly. I put 1 tbsp sesame and pumpkin seeds in water to soak for 1 – 2 hours as soon as I woke up.
Banana and Apple Breakfast Pudding
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1 Granny Smith apple with core removed, cut in to chunks
- 1 banana, peeled
- 2 tbsp seeds, soaked for 8-12 hours
- 1 tbsp flax oil
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth
This was very tasty. Using a less sweet apple such as a Granny Smith prevents it from becoming too sweet and the texture was lovely. A great start to the day. Harvey always makes sure the animals are fed at the weekend. Our tortoises’ favourite food is dandelions. Lunch was simple, very healthy and yummy.
Salad with Mashed Avocado and Seed Sprinkles
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 3 Romaine leaves, washed and cut in to strips
- 4 chicory leaves, washed and cut in to strips
- 1 carrot, grated
- ½ a red pepper, chopped
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- ½ a ripe avocado
- Garnishes e.g. olives and seeds (I used a mixture of sunflower and pumpkin seeds and pine nuts)
- Prepare vegetables and assemble in a large bowl
- Mash the avocado in to the lemon juice and season with salt
- Stir the avocado through the vegetables so they are evenly coated
- Garnish with olives and seeds
I spent hours pottering in the garden, planting out flower seeds and tidying up. I find it soooo relaxing,being outside sowing seeds. I did treat myself to a new plant too. I love the colour of this lovely Senetti. Late afternoon we set off for a walk over the road. Well, 12 legs walked and 2 cycled. The bluebells are out and the scent in the air was heavenly. Look at the sizeof this enormous ant hill!
Supper was more raw vegetables served with a delicious alternative to guacamole.
Guacamole with Tahini and Miso
Ingredients (serves 2)
Juice from 1 lemon
1 avocado, pitted and peeled
1 large tomato, cut in to quarters
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp Tahini
1 tsp Miso
1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
Kelp powder or salt to taste
Add all ingredients to blender and blitz until smooth. Serve with raw vegetables.
A day well eaten 🙂