Tennis Tuesday – woo hoo 🙂 . So I usually have a light breakfast on a Tuesday and it tends to be a smoothie. I was really pleased to have found a sugar free almond milk. I try to not eat/drink too much dairy which is a real weakness of mine. I I do not want to overdo soya products. I don’t like rice or oat milk, except in porridge. The only almond milk I have come across has sugar in it and I am trying to cut down. So I was elated to find some sugar free Almond milk.
My smoothie was made from frozen mixed berries, a banana, 1 tbsp Chia seeds (2 points) and 200ml almond milk (2 points).
After tennis I had a coffee and snacked on an apple.
I was hungry at lunch time and wanted something spicy and something I have not had for a long time so I headed to Thailand for inspiration. One of my favourite soups is Tom Yum with coconut milk added. I bought a jar of Tom Yum paste so it was a really easy lunch to make.
Tom Yum with Coconut
- 3 tbsp Tom Yum paste
- 500 ml boiling water
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1 small chicken breast, cut in half lengthways and sliced thinly
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut in to small florets
- 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- Juice from 1 lime
- Fresh basil and coriander, finely chopped
- Green chili, finely chopped (optional)
- Mix the Tom Yum paste in with the water in a large saucepan.
- When the paste is mixed in, add the coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Chop the broccoli and chicken. I used the broccoli stalks too.
- Add the chicken and broccoli to the saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes the chicken should be cooked and the broccoli tender.
- Add the fish sauce and lime juice and taste for seasoning.
- Serve in to a large bowl and sprinkle the fresh herbs and chili on top.
It was a huge bowlful of food and was all so delicious. The heat (i.e. chili) was just how I like it. The herbs and lime juice make it taste fresh and zingy and the coconut is sweet and creamy. A perfect flavour combination.
You could make it without the coconut milk and save 9 WW points but I love the sweetness it adds. That huge bowlful was 15 WW points.
I didn’t get round to supper until 9:30pm so I just made an omelette. 2 large eggs, 50 g cheddar, 3 tsp butter, 40g peas and parsley. Simple but satisfying.
But not a patch on that Tom Yum. Which was so yummy.